Recipe: Pad Thai
- 8 oz rice noodles, uncooked
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp each reduced sodium soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup each chopped green onions and chopped, fresh cilantro
Cook noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Set aside.
To make sauce, combine ketchup, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large non-stick wok or skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook and stir until onions are tender, about 3 minutes. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Add cooked noodles, bean sprouts, carrots, green onions, and cilantro. Mix well. Cook until noodles are heated through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle individual servings with chopped peanuts.