Recipe: Pre-party Detox Plan
- Take 200 mg of milk thistle
- Breakfast on a bran cereal topped with skim milk and 2 tbsp of blueberries, with 2 pieces of toast topped with banana, and a glass of orange juice.
- Drink at least 3 glasses of water during the morning: the more fluid in your body the less dehydrated you’ll be when you drink alcohol.
- Snack on 2 pieces of fruit heavy in vitamin C – try kiwi, guava, mango, strawberries or oranges.
- Take another 200 mg of milk thistle.
- Lunch on a grilled chicken breast salad; you can make the salad detox-heavy by including spinach, red peppers, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and shredded red cabbage.
- Drink another four glasses of water.
- Snack on 2 pieces of fruit heavy in vitamin C – or make a smoothie from a glass of milk, 2 tbsp of fresh blueberries and tow tbsp of strawberries.
- Dine on the perfect mix of protein, carbohydrates and fat. A good meal for this is spaghetti bolognese: lean mince, tomatoes, red peppers and aubergine served over whole wheat pasta and topped with two tbsp of grated cheese.
- Consume 4 more glasses of water before the party starts
- Go out and enjoy yourself
- Take another 200mg of milk thistle
- Drink 500ml of water, or a large glass of orange juice
*This plan is from Helen Foster’s Detox Solutions: 14 plans to detox your life, Hamlyn, 2003.
**I am NOT a nutritionist or medical expert. Please consult your physician before beginning any new diet or detox plan.